Show the world you mean business!
The Start Something Today Challenge 2013 Objectives:
1. To inspire student entrepreneurs to actualize their business initiatives
2. To spark business creation and work force development in specific sectors, such as:
* Science and Engineering
* Information Technology
* Art, Design and Entertainment
* Clean and Green
* Construction and the Building Trades
* Financial and Professional Services
* Food Services
* Beauty and Fashion
* Real Estate
* Logistics and Trades
* Public/Social Entrepreneurship
3. To challenge current student entrepreneurs, regardless of where they are in their education and career journeys, to grow in a more sustainable way
Here’s what you need to know to participate:
The Start Something Today challenge is open to current student entrepreneurs, regardless of where they are in their education and career journeys, to grow in a more sustainable way free of charge.
Students and the teachers that participate will receive FREE entrepreneurship training; free business plan development training; and, website design and development training and support including website hosting. Students will be responsible for writing their own business plans and pitching their businesses with a 3-5 minute YouTube.com video
You will be responsible for:
* Writing your own business plan
* Creating your own website to promote your business
* Pitching your business with a 3-5 minute YouTube.com video
How you will be judged
* Leading entrepreneur and industry professionals from the various career sectors will be participating as judges
* The criteria will be established
* Recognition will be awarded to the first-and second-place winners in each category. Winners will receive free website support to market their business plan and or products and services, website hosting for one year and will have their pitch introduced to potential investors.
When does the contest actually start?
* The Start Something Today Competition will kick off in June 2013 at the SkillsUSA National Conference
* Registration is open now and at any time during the competition
If you’re serious about launching your idea and are looking for the fastest possible path, I strongly recommend you enter Start Something Today competition. All it takes to get started on your road to success is to register now.
* To participate complete the registration by completing the form below
Comments or questions are welcome.