Interested in creating games? Are you a designer or developer? Then let me tell you more about the Game On competition from Mozilla!
What it’s about
As I’m sure you know, we at Mozilla say that The web is the platform because we believe that everyone gains from open technologies. Naturally this applies to games too, and we’ve talked about it before in Mozilla and Games: Pushing the Limits of What’s Possible.
As the tagline for the competition says:
Show what’s possible using the web as an open gaming platform for the world.
The Game On competition comprises of three different categories:
- Hackable Games
- Multi-Device Games
- Web-Only Games
We are looking for what you can do, and how you can create gaming experiences that push the limits of what Open Web technologies can do!
As if creating good games for the Open Web isn’t enough, there are also prizes!
- An all-expense paid, red carpet trip to San Francisco for GDC 2013.
- The chance to have your game featured in the Firefox Marketplace
- The opportunity to show your game to the awesome folks at Chillingo for potential publishing on their network
- One year membership to top industry associations IGDA and UKIE
- Promotion of your game in the Game On Gallery and across Mozilla networks
- Plus special edition Mozilla swag
Submit a game!
The deadline for submissions is Feb 24, 2013, so what are you waiting for? 🙂
View full post on Mozilla Hacks – the Web developer blog