By rights, today’s edition of “State of the Docs” should be a little light, since it has been only a week and a half since a very productive documentation sprint. But our amazing documentation contributors collectively do not rest, and so there is still lots to mention.
Web standards docs
- Airportyh added compatibility info to event.defaultPrevented.
- Will Bamberg updated Browser detection using the user agent.
- Ethertank created or updated translations on a bunch of Japanese pages.
- Fusionchess continued to be prolific:
- Added an example of using a Blob object to Using XMLHttpRequest.
- Added an example of the constructor to Blob.
- Updated and expanded Object defineProperty.
- Modified the example for using ‘apply’ to chain constructors in Function apply.
- Created a page for JXON.
- Made JSON consistent with other technology landing pages.
- Added a code example and cross-references to How to create a DOM tree.
- Fusionchess and Hitautodestruct both expanded the information on ternary evaluation Conditional operator.
- Bertrand Malet added code examples to element.onmouseout and element.onmouseover.
- Masayuki updated KeyboardEvent and added ‘getModifierState’ to MouseEvent.
- Timoté Neullas translated Adding 2D content to a WebGL context into French.
- OoOoOoOo created border-image-slice.
- Jeremie Patonnier created pages for the SVG attributes color and color-profile.
- Thierry Régagnon added browser compatibility info to transition-duration and translated several other pages into French.
- Eric Shepherd added a list of status codes to the WebSockets CloseEvent reference page.
- Masataka Yakura updated compatibility and added external references to console.dir, console.log, console.error, console.info, console.warn, Blob and BlobBuilder.
- Ziyunfei translated or updated translations on a bunch of Chinese pages. Really, really a lot of Chinese pages.
Mozilla technology docs
- Malina Das created a page on Emulator integrated tests for Marionette and updated Marionette Python tests.
- Greg Koberger added info on serving manifests from Apache to Apps Manifest
- Nickolay Ponomarev added a section on instructions supported in bootstrapped extensions to Chrome registration, updated and corrected Bootstrapped extensions, and updated nsIComponentManager.
- Eric Shepherd created a page to document Using the source editor in Firefox developer tools.
- Till Schneidereit created Setting up CDT to work on SpiderMonkey.
View full post on Mozilla Hacks – the Web developer blog