Documentation activity on MDN continues apace, with lots of work in the French localization, and a focus on CSS docs.
Web standards docs
- Vikash Agrawal added a code example to HTML <figure>.
- David Baron clarified the standardization status of several CSS properties, such as -moz-background-inline-policy, -moz-user-focus, and user-select.
- Fred Bourgeon translated :first and :disabled into French.
- Julia Buchner translated the SVG tutorial section on clipping and masking into French.
- itpastorn expanded the Introduction to HTML, and Jim Lancaster copy-edited it.
- Benoit Jacob added some tips to WebGL best practices.
- Scott Johnson clarified the two types of mobile rendering in CSS text-size-adjust.
- Matt Noorenberghe updated HTMLMediaElement.
- Robert Nyman wrote an article on Using the Camera API.
- Jeremie Patonnier documented SVG attributes accent-height, ascent, result, patternTransform.
- Jean-Yves Perrier continued working on the CSS reference, adding text-size-adjust; and created articles on CSS Syntax and At-rules. He also made Writing efficient CSS browser-agnostic and created a best-practices document on Browser detection using the user agent.
- pyalot created Using extensions to explain WebGL extensions.
- Theirry Regagnon did a lot of clean-up of Understanding CSS z-index and added browser compatibility info to z-index.
Mozilla technology docs
- Mark Giffin expanded In-app payments.
- Austin King wrote up some developer tips for BrowserID primary identity providers.
- Dave Mandelin expanded SpiderMonkey internals.
- Jean-Bernard Marcon and Benoit Leseul started translating the Open Web Apps pages into French.
- Neil Rashbrook created XUL attribute pages for textbox.onfocus and textbox.onblur.
Mozilla project docs
- Jeff Beatty added several sections to the Localization Quick Start Guide.
- decoder updated Building Firefox with address sanitizer.
- Anthony Hughes added a section on Litmus to the Mozmill tests commit policy.
- Josh Matthews wrote Creating a patch that can be checked in.
- Fred Wang reorganized the Mozilla MathML project pages to move out older status information.
View full post on Mozilla Hacks – the Web developer blog