It has been four weeks since the last State of the Docs update, so there is much to report. As ever, this is just a selection of the recent documentation activity on MDN.
Web standards docs
- Frédéric Bourgeon has done a lot of work on pages for CSS selectors, in both English and French including: adding a spec table to Adjacent sibling selectors, and compatibility info in class selectors, type selectors, ID selectors, universal selectors, and descendant selectors.
- CutenessOverload updated IE compatibility info for a bunch of CSS properties, including transform, font-feature-settings, animation, transition, perspective, radial-gradient, and linear-gradient.
- Dhar updated the compatibility table for console.log.
- Fusionchess added code examples to :hover, :target, and :checked.
- RobG updated Using the W3C DOM.
- Havvy added a section comparing objects and maps to Map global objects.
- Jürgen Jaka updated CSS white space.
- Mokoto Kato documented word-break and updated a compatibility info for <ol>, and added compatibility table and info to CSS transition-property.
- Masayuki Nakano documented the behavior in Gecko 15 for KeyboardEvent.
- Jérémie Patonnier documented SVG attributes font-variant, font-weight, image-rendering, writing-mode, and direction. He reports that all these SVG attributes are finally starting to drive him crazy 🙂
- Thierry Régagnon added a compatibility table and info for CSS widows.
- Rodney Rehm added a code example for sorting maps to Array sort.
- Scott Rowe updated CSS flexible boxes based on current standards status, and expanded CSS filter.
- Florian Scholz added ‘markMessageRead’ and ‘read’ to SmsFilter and ‘read’ to SmsMessage.
- Rob W updated compatibility info for Input.setSelectionRange.
The Asian language localization communities have been especially busy:
- Masahiko Imanaka created Japanese pages for lots of HTML elements.
- Potappo translated HTML content categories into Japanese.
Mozilla technology docs
- Archaopteryx added a section on checking if a message is a feed item to the open folder Thunderbird use case.
- David Bruant provided browser compatibility details on Browser ID.
- Matt Brubeck updated the Gecko user agent string reference.
- Marshall Culpepper created a page for Setting up Boot to Gecko build environment for Mac OS X.
- Mark Finkle created mobile code snippets and Mobile add-ons developer guide.
- Mark Giffin improved Validating a receipt for HTML5 apps.
- Bill McCloskey documented SpiderMonkey garbage collector integration.
- Florian Scholz added ‘notifyMarkMessageRead’ and ‘notifyMarkMessageReadFailed’ to nsISmsRequestManager.
- David Rajchenbach-Teller added properties and made other updates to ctypes.
- Eric Shepherd added a bunch of docs for Boot-to-Gecko, which are linked under Building and installing Boot to Gecko. He also added a description of the JSPropertyDescriptor structure to JS_GetPropertyDescriptorById.
- Jennifer Zickerman added a section on using LDAP to Thunderbird enterprise tips.
Mozilla project docs
- Vladan Djeric documented Profiling with the built-in profiler and local symbols on Windows.
- Benoit Girard documented Reporting a performance problem.
- Jonathan Watt updated and expanded Eclipse CDT.
View full post on Mozilla Hacks – the Web developer blog