The ramped-up level of documentation contributions that started in January is surviving longer than most New Year’s resolutions. Keep it up! And as ever, thanks to everyone who contributed, whether you’re mentioned here or not!
Web standards docs
- Onur Avsar added an example to <frameset> and added missing information to HTTP response codes.
- Louis-Remi Babé wrote an article on Using deviceorientation in 3D transforms.
- Fred Bourgeon translated backface-visibility into French, and significantly update the (French) :before and :after pages.
- eccenux documented an important gotcha in Using the application cache.
- fusionchess added an example to the global Function object, added a section about a bug in callee, improved a code example in window.location, and added a section and example on using
responseTextin HTML in XMLHttpRequest.
- GiulianT made lots of corrections in the French SVG Tutorial.
- Hans Hillen added more information and an example to the Using the dialog role ARIA technique.
- Jürgen Jeka corrected the compatibility info in CSS calc.
- Burak Yi?it Kaya added another method and example to HTML in XMLHttpRequest.
- Kevin Lim created File System API and lots of related pages.
- Jérémie Patonnier added compatibility info to SVGSVGElement, and created SVG markerUnits, maskUnits, and maskContentUnits.
- Sephr added code for a DOMParser HTML parser for other browsers and previous Firefox releases to DOMParser.
- syssgx improved a code example in Input.setSelectionRange.
- Leif Arne Storset updated compatibility info for CSS linear-gradient and radial-gradient.
- Rob W added browser compatibility info to CSS attribute selectors.
- Barry van Oudtshoorn updated CSS border-image.
- Brett Zamir added links to constructors to DOM window and created pages for DOM Image and DOM Option.
Mozilla technology docs
- bovinespirit cleaned up info in XULRunner Hall of Fame.
- fusionchess added an example to Rich-text editing in Mozilla.
- Mark Giffin added a code example to app_object and revamped the Apps FAQ section.
- John Hammink has started a section and several new documents for Boot-to-Gecko.
- Bobby Holley added an explanation, code example, and warning to js-ctypes callbacks.
- Mike Kaply corrected the values for
extensions.enabledScopesin Installing extensions.
- Eric Shepherd documented the new dev tools in Firefox, including: Page inspector, Web console, and Style panel.
- Henri Sivonen moved Mozilla-specific information from DOMParser to nsIDOMParser.
- Jeff Walden created a page for JS_GetObjectProtype in the SpiderMonkey JSPAPI reference.
- whitedavidp improved a code example in Creating a custom column for Thunderbird extensions.
- yyss translated several dev tools articles into Japanese.
Mozilla projects docs
- Jonathan Griffin created a bunch of articles related to Marionette.
- Malini Das created articles on Marionette client, Marionette tests, and Marionette setup.
- Josh Matthews updated Mercurial queues.
- Matt N added a section on Mercurial Queue User Repository Workflow to (and did other cleanup in) Creating Mercurial user repositories; updated Mercurial basics and Mercurial queues; and created a separate page for How is Mercurial different from CVS.
- Jean-Yves Perrier created a Linking guide for MDN.
- Sid0 updated Simple Thunderbird build.
- Mihovil Stani? added info on MozillaBuild for Windows and on working without symbolic links, to Compare-locales.
View full post on Mozilla Hacks – the Web developer blog