This past weekend, a small band of hardy MDN contributors pitched in for the first of a monthly series of doc sprints. This sprint was organized on fairly short notice, yet a significant amount of work was accomplished.
Web standards docs
- Jérémie Patonnier created a bunch of API reference pages for MozMobileConnection, and SVG attributes dx and dy, and did a “crazy bunch of clean up” on the SVG documentation.
- Michael Beckwith cleaned up writing on isNan and indexOf, and made minor touchups to :active.
- Kevin Brosnan updated the compatibility info in Supported media formats.
- fusionchess expanded the paragraph on passing data in Using web workers and added an example of a generic “asynchronous eval()”.
Firefox OS and Apps
- Gangadhar Nittala made his first contribution to MDN by changing the Apps manifest article to indicate that the .webapp extension for the file is mandatory, not just recommended.
- Jonathan Watt added a section to Preparing for your first B2G build on how to update your B2G tree.
- nullspace further clarified in Preparing for your first B2G build that there are gigabytes of Android libraries to download, which can take tens of hours (or days).
- Cory Gackenheimer updated Web Console for bug 623749.
- Trevor Hobson updated Styling a tree to reflect changes in Gecko 22.
- Florian Scholz worked on Firefox dev-doc-needed issues:
- Documented that a Mac OS X backend for the DeviceLightEvent is now implemented.
- Updated CanvasRenderingContext2D for the now-implemented isPointInStroke method.
- Documented the rename of the allowfullscreen attribute of the HTML iframe element in Firefox 18 and WebKit Nightly (was prefixed).
- Documented that DOMImplementation.hasFeature() and Node.isSupported() will always return true starting with Firefox 19.
- Noted that createElement(null) works like createElement(“null”) starting with Firefox 19.
- Tom Schuster worked on lots of little dev-doc-needed bugs.
- donghao526 updated the simplified Chinese translation of The essentials of an extension.
- darktrojan added a table about bootstrap data in Bootstrapped extensions.
- Cykesiopka updated the join() example in Path manipulation so that the MDN and Gecko in-source documentation match.
- the prisoner updated the French translations of Firefox 19 for developers and Firefox 20 for developers.
- complynx fixed links to mutation observers in Mozilla event reference.
- Ernest Chiang updated the traditional Chinese translation of Persona Quick Setup.
View full post on Mozilla Hacks – the Web developer blog