According to Wkikipedia, Internet marketing, also known as web marketing, online marketing, webvertising, or e-marketing, is referred to as the marketing (generally promotion) of products or services over the Internet. Internet marketing is considered to be broad in scope because it not only refers to marketing on the Internet, but also includes marketing done via e-mail and wireless media. Digital customer data and electronic customer relationship management (ECRM) systems are also often grouped together under internet marketing.
Internet marketing ties together the creative and technical aspects of the Internet, including design, development, advertising and sales. Internet marketing also refers to the placement of media along many different stages of the customer engagement cycle through search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), banner ads on specific websites, email marketing, mobile advertising, and Web 2.0 strategies.
In 2008, The New York Times, working with comScore, published an initial estimate to quantify the user data collected by large Internet-based companies. Counting four types of interactions with company websites in addition to the hits from advertisements served from advertising networks, the authors found that the potential for collecting data was up to 2,500 times per user per month.
* Name the types of Web Marketing
* Name the various Web Marketing Business Models
* Name the various elements of Web marketing fundamentals
Look over the Wikipedia page on Web Marketing and respond to the questions above. Look over the following resources on Web Marketing and respond to the questions above.
Web Marketing Fundamentals:
* Search Engine Optimization Services
* Search Engine Optimization Tools
* Content Management Systems
* Shopping Carts and E-Commerce Tools
* E-Mailing Services/Software
* Affiliate Marketing/Software
* Video Marketing
* Web Metrics
* Social Media Optimization
* Business Storytelling
* Brand Development
* New Media Distribution Channels
* Email Marketing
* Pay Per Click Campaign Development
* Search Engine Optimization
* Viral Marketing
* Web Banner Advertising