This past summer, some of the most passionate and creative web developers out there innovated with the File API in our July Dev Derby contest. After sorting through the entries, an all-star cast of former judges–Peter Lubbers, Eric Shepherd, and David Walsh–decided on three winners and two runners-up.
Not a contestant? There are other reasons to be excited. Most importantly, all of these demos are completely open-source, making them wonderful lessons in the exciting things you can do with the File API today.
- First place: miniPaint by newcomer viliusl
- Second place: Tutorializr by newcomer M.G.A.
- Third place: Slide My Text ! by the creative Arun Kumar
Congratulations to these winners! As always, this represents only a small portion of the impressive work submitted to the contest. After you have finished playing with these winning demos, be sure to check out the rest. You will not be disappointed.
The Dev Derby is currently on hiatus, but will be back before long. In the meantime, head over to the Demo Studio to see some general-interest demos and submit your own.
- WebAPIs – Firefox OS for developers: the platform HTML5 deserves
- Using WebAPIs to make the web layer more capable
- How to Spread The Word About Your Code
View full post on Mozilla Hacks – the Web developer blog